I’ve been obsessed with this for like a year now. We don’t really eat oatmeal here in Portugal, at least I’ve never met anyone who does, and that’s a waste.
I got this idea from Gemma Stafford and her incredible microwave recipes! https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/microwave-oatmeal/
It’s pretty easy and you can feel really full if you eat slowly and really pay attention to it, enjoy every bite. I keep hearing about how great oatmeal is for you and I think I’m going to be making this forever! I don’t really know what else to say here so let’s move on to the recipe, which is what you’re here for 😉
Half an apple
40 gr of quick oats
80 ml of water
Cinnamon (optional maybe? Never tried it without it so I don’t know what it would taste like)
- Cut the apple into small cubes (the smaller the better, you’ll get apple for each bite instead of just oats) and put them in a mug or small bowl;
- Add 40 gr of oats and cinnamon (I personally add a lot of it);
- Mix it all together and then pour in 80 ml of water (not hot water);
- Mix it and put it in the microwave for 1 minute. If there’s still a lot of water when you take it out put it there a little more. But you can try it a few times and see what works best for you.
- If you want, add some milk to make it moist (I use soy milk and it gives it that delicious extra vanilla flavour).
Nutritional info: all I have for you is the amount of calories, which is 190 kcal. When the recipes don’t come with the information I just calculate the calories by looking at the labels. If you want more info you can do the same for your carbs, fiber, etc.