Heeey…anyone that is reading this, including my future self!
Today I’m posting a recipe by Jamie Oliver (who seems to be the sweetest person, may I add). It’s Carbonara, but with courgette: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/beautiful-courgette-carbonara/?family-food-category=104948.
This recipe is for 6 people, but I’ll be adapting it for 2. He also uses a lot of different herbs and stuff like that, but I feel like that’s the part where you can get creative and use anything you want. I personally love oregano and basil, they are the best *.*
- 2 medium courgettes;
- 170 gr of pasta (whatever type you want, I don’t discriminate ;));
- 1 egg yolks;
- 50 ml single cream;
- grated cheese;
- olive oil;
- salt, peper, herbs, etc.;
- some bacon, in cubes (I’m not sure how much you want, last time I cooked this I used 75 gr if I’m not wrong).
- Cook the pasta (I don’t think you’ll need instructions for this part haha). When it’s cooked, drain it and keep a little bit of the pasta water (it would be perfect if the pasta was done cooking at the same time you start step 6. But we all know perfection is kinda impossible so good luck!);
- Slice the courgettes into pieces roughly the same size as your pasta (Jamie says to discard the fluffy middle bits, but I’m not a fan of waste and I have nothing against them xD);
- To make the sauce, put the egg yolk into a bowl, add the cream and some cheese (not all of it!), and mix together with a fork. Season lightly;
- Heat a very large frying pan with some olive oil and cook the bacon (you can let it get crispy or not, whatever you prefer);
- Add the courgette slices and season it with black pepper and your herbs. Give it a stir and let it cook (mix it once in a while) until it’s starting to turn lightly golden and slightly soft;
- Jamie advises you to do this step very quickly, so pay attention!! Toss the pasta in the pan with the courgettes and bacon, then remove it from the heat, and add some pasta water and your sauce. Stir quickly. (DON’T FORGET TO TURN OFF THE HEAT)
- Add the rest of the cheese and mix it all and serve right away! (Jamie says the sauce will be ruined if you wait too long)
Calories: 222 kcal
Fat: 10.1 gr
Saturated: 4.7 gr
Protein: 11.2 gr
Carbs: 20.7 gr
Sugars: 0.9 gr
Since I had to adapt the recipe for 2 people, the information might be a little bit off (because technically I had to use 1.5 egg yolks and 33.33333 ml of cream).